Restaurant kitchen flooring is one of the most important aspects of any commercial kitchen. Flooring in these type of kitchens take way more abuse that the normal home kitchen as number of staff maneuvering around the kitchen is far greater in numbers. So the restaurant kitchen flooring needs to be durable enough to endure substantial abuse like high temperature and offer non-slippery surfaces to provide safety for the staff. So here are the 4 types of restaurant kitchen tiles typically approved by health departments that can serve the purpose for a restaurant kitchen in almost all the aspects.
Vinyl Sheet Or Tiles For Restaurant Kitchen
- A cost effective solution for restaurant kitchen flooring which is low on maintenance, but is not very durable.
- It is soft and pliable, which provides the comfort of a padded floor and not too harsh on the feet of kitchen staff.
- A soft underlayment can be added to increase the further padding experience to give more comfort on cooking station.
- You can either opt for the sheets or tiles, depending on your kitchen requirements.
- Certain manufacturers fabricate tiles that are resistant to high temperature and water repellent.
- It is the cheapest of the options.
Ceramic Restaurant Kitchen Tiles
- There advantage of being stain resistant, extreme temperature and water resistant makes it a popular and perfect choice for the commercial kitchen use.
- These are mainly used in the kitchen which are on view to the visitors or customers. They are aesthetically more appealing than the vinyls, but more costly than the latter as well.
- With the added glass gaze, their durability, endurance and design range is superior to that of the vinyls.
Quarry Stone Tiles For Restaurant Kitchen Flooring
- Quarry tile is the most common for commercial kitchen environments.
- These tiles are water and stain resistant with very high durability which make them an excellent for restaurant kitchen flooring.
- These tiles may require a bit of grinding to add some traction for the feet to avoid slipping, or you can purchase tiles with traction inlaid into them during production.
- If you have a medium to low budget for your restaurant kitchen tiles, then these are not ideal choice since they are the most expensive option.
Poured Epoxy Flooring
- If you are running a cafe, then poured epoxy flooring may be the best flooring option for you because it is rich in color options and textures so it is also a good option for open food preparation areas.
- Pouring can be done on the entire floor as well as molding along the walls to create an aesthetically appealing design and moisture proof barrier.
- They are typically highly heat and stain resistant.
You can choose any one of these restaurant kitchen flooring options that best suit your business and budget. If you want to go premium and have open restaurant kitchen design, we suggest you go with decorative quarry stone tiles and if on a tighter budget, poured epoxy is your best option.