Commercial Kitchen Cookware Options
Just like perfect ingredients make the perfect recipe, similarly choosing the right equipment cookware make a perfect kitchen. Choosing a commercial kitchen cookware for a restaurant or a hotel is similar to choosing the commercial kitchen knives, as each one is important and fulfills its own purpose. The restaurant kitchen business is steadily shifting from aluminum cookware to stainless steel cookware and there are strong reasons behind it. A few factors pertaining to it are health concerns, usability, shelf life etc. Lets discuss in detail as to why one needs to be chosen over the another and why.
Are there Health Concerns?
One of the main factor to choose stainless steel cookware over aluminum, when choosing commercial kitchen cookware, is the health issues that comes along with using aluminum cookware. There are controversies going on about Alzheimer’s disease being caused by aluminum. Even if these controversies are not true, the aluminum is considered as the toxic metal and has been strictly prohibited to use for cooking highly acidic foods like tomato sauce. All though the aluminum pans and pots have been improved by anodizing aluminum, making is less reactive. But none the less, it doesn’t take away the toxicity of this metal.
Stainless Steel Cookware
On the other hand, stainless steal is much better than its counter part. Although some studies claim that stainless steel is leaching the chromium while being used for cooking. The good side of this is that this metal is one of the essential metals required by our body and the adult population of America is currently suffering from its deficiency, is it is a good choice for commercial kitchen cookware.
What About Handling and Durability
- As we all know, it is the lighter metal if we compare both of them. So its easy to move the cookware all day long and not tiring.
- Aluminum heats up quickly and cools down quickly as well. So it is good for chef’s while preparing short orders at a brisk pace.
- It is the cheaper in this comparison as far the price goes. So making is a favorite choice for restaurant owners with a small budget.
- This metal is softer in the comparison. So durability is not that great as compare to the stainless steel.
- Though they are cheaper in price, the lifespan of this commercial kitchen cookware is shorter, as compare to the stainless steel.
- The handle heats quite a bit while cooking. So need to take extra precaution with this.
Stainless Steel Cookware
- This an alloy, so it is least reactive of both, resulting in a very long lifespan.
- It is the harder metal in this comparison, making it more durable commercial kitchen cookware.
- Unlike aluminum, stainless steel holds heat for longer duration, making it a first choice for cooking dishes that take more cooking time.
- Handles on these cookwares are stronger than the aluminum ones.
- The only thing that can go wrong choosing stainless steel as a commercial kitchen cookware, is that it is costlier than the aluminum. But for that, it makes up with the longer lifespan, which makes it the perfect choice between these two commercial kitchen cookware options.